Sunday, April 13, 2008

Flagstaff, Arizona

So I made it to Flagstaff, Arizona where Emily lives from Ventura. I got a bit lost along the way looking for Hwy 18th. Oh well! Emily and I got to eat lunch where she works on Saturday "Morning Glory" a vegetarian restaurant around the corner from where she lives. The owner Maria is wonderful. It was her birthday, we had lunch on the house. Thank you!
We took Gaia on walks. Discovered the Library. Went to the Used Bookstore that has a huge selection of Graphic Novels. (Yeah!) We had Thai Food one night. I got to meet her friend Robert. Got to see Tommy. Had fun talking to Brittney. Went shopping a little bit. Emily cooked her famous sprouted grain burgers for me. Nice nutty taste of the garbanzo beans. Loved it. Then some other yummy grain and rice mix. Very tasty! Oh... we went to Target!. I know but we don't have one in Anchorage. Yet because it is suppose to happen soon. Emily got two scholarships and I got to attend the ceremony. Yeah! I am soooo proud of her anyway.
We also saw an exhibit of Recycled Artwork at The Coconino Center for the Arts Pretty amazing things that you can make with throw away things. So here you have it. Three days in Flagstaff. Now I am in Grand Junction, Colorado visiting Nancy. So more to come...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Roxane,
I love the show in Flagstaff, interesting ways to recycle almost anything. Eagle River is still trapped in the cold of winter, so enjoy the warm weather in Colorado.
Keep on Blogging.
Linda

Anonymous said...

Coucou petite soeur, toujours en ballade, c'est super ! J'adore lire tes récits de bons repas ! je salive à te lire....Et merci pour tous les liens pour visiter des sites supers !
Pleins de bises pour toi, les enfants et Gaylene. Ta soeur

Deb Hardman said...

Fun art. My daughter just had a dress made from old newspapers puplished on the front cover of a Seattle paper!

roxanestoner said...

Hi Linda,
We need to do something like that show in Anchorage for next Fiber Festival.
I heard that things are melting in Eagle River. Time to come home soon. I have lots of ideas to work with for when I am back.
Talk to you soon

roxanestoner said...

Hi Deb
You have enough ribbons yourself to make quite a nice dress. I was thinking about you when I saw that gown.

roxanestoner said...

Coucou Carol
J'aimerai bien que tu sois la avec moi. Tu me manques. on pourait partager les coups de fourchettes.
Bisous de ta soeur qui t'aime