Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day! AHhhhhhhhhhh Love..........

Happy Valentine's Day to all the lovers out there. Mine is taking me out to dinner tonight at Jen's.
Happy Valentine's Day to all my wonderful Friends and Family! You are all the sunshine in my life and I could not be the blessed person that feel I am without you. Thank you for being right here along me and know that I am right along with you too.


I was looking for a reading or a poem that I could post about love. Something that would encompass love as a universal truth. It is my belief that true love is the answer to harmony in everyone's life. One's mind, body and heart need to give and receive love and the rest comes naturally after that. As I was leafing through some of my favorite books I found something from Rumi that illustrates the way Love feels like at times when you feel it for someone and it is reciprocated and it is such a relief, a harmony, a unrichment, a total wellbeing and Peace.

So here it is:

The Most Alive Moment

The most living moment comes when
those who love each other meet each

other's eyes and in what flows
between them then. To see our face


in a crowd of others, or alone on a
frightening street, I weep for that.


Our tears improve the earth. The
time you scolded me, your gratitude,


your laughing, always your qualities
increase the soul. Seeing you is a


wine that does not muddle or numb
We sit inside the cypress shadow


where amazement and clear thought
twine their slow growth into us.


(translated by Coleman Barks)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Roxane,
Love your Valentine blog. Arizona has been warm and sunny. I hear that break up is threatening to happen early. See you soon.
Linda