Sunday, December 2, 2007

Since I got back...

It is getting very dark those days. The sunrise is around 9 am. It looks pretty incredible though. The stars have been amazing too. A really clear dark sky. Lovely. I took a little break yesterday and got to see the movie "August Rush". http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809418605/info;_ylt=AuX_gmYfc8pRKqh0GB5QlqdfVXcA Lovely heart warming story. The actors are splendid especially Jonathan Rhys Meyers, very sexy in my opinion. The music is really good too. The flaw is the story is not flowing as well as you would like it to be. There are huge gaps. It is still great to see and I would see it again. Well since I got back I have done 3 quilts and finished two that were started before I left for California. It has been a bit busy in the dungeon.
Here are some pictures of the new babies. Still no title for any of the quilts. That is a first for me. Usually the title is there before I make a cut in the fabric. It often is starting the inspiration. I guess having a title for the whole show just justifies the quilts and might be enough to just have numbers or something like that. I think that I might work on naming the quilts tomorrow though. I must say that I have enjoyed myself this week. So take a peak. Let me know what you think.
The title might be "The Space Between" This is small about 12x9 something like that this is a detail of the center.
"Ocus Pocus".... Would that work? "On the Edge".... Maybe or"Step Down" "The Wreck".... or "Braving the Storm this one might have a couple shark bone beads on the side when it is finished.
Just realized that the color of the sunrise and the colors of those quilts are a bit similar...
. This one could be "Above all". or "The Golden Fleece" It is the largest of all of the new quilts. About 35x28 something like that.
Here is a close up Now back to the dungeon...

2 comments:

Deb Hardman said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your father-in-law Roxanne. It seems like there have been a lot of deaths of the older genration recently, among people I know.

I like your new works, the 1st really sing to me. It looks like a negative image pulled out of your photo of the sunset.

When & where is your show going to be? I'd like to come if possible!

Nancy said...

Nice work, Roxane! Anxious to help you hang the show!