Monday, February 15, 2010

More work and Ruby Tuesday

Things tend to happen in their own time and timing is everything. It is a bit frustrating in the meantime. So I have been putting my frustration to good use in taking care of the house for ghosts visitors and friends (thank you to all of you by the way). So I have started a new piece. It has been one that has been waiting patiently to be made. I am not totaly sure about the color choices. I absolutely wanted a blue bird color on the right. The yellow is complementary but a bit predictable in my opinion but It might work anyway. I do like the contrast in the tones. Maybe it means a little more nuances in the blues. Anyway I am having fun with it. The other one is progressing, I do let things brew a bit before finalizing my ideas. I do like his voluted eye on the left. I have to find the twin bead that I have to put on the other side. I want to add another tooth on each side too. Note the shark teeth on the extra middle mouth... He's a scary dood! Maybe I will call it "Drood"!!!
The fermentation process is tricky as if it brews too long it is never being completed and goes stale. I have few of those failed good ideas. So this is not going to be one of those.



So now for the Weekly fun:

"Ruby Slippers"

for
Ruby Tuesday

4 comments:

RunninL8 said...

Well, hi there, from another Eagle River resident. And an aspiring artist! I love your work-so unique and evocative! i just love fiber art. I've recently started painting (acrylic) after a long hiatus and just this morning I was thinking about how neat it would be to incorporate fiber onto canvas. We'll see how it goes! Your blog is lovely and I look foward to persuing some more! Feel free to drop by mine as well!
~Dana

roxanestoner said...

Come and join us for a fun evening on Friday night at the Mountain View Gallery 5:30 to 7:30 for the opening of "Mark This" curated by Mary Hertert and Z. Denise Gallup for the Surface Design Association. Would be fun to meet you.

Nancy said...

Love the "Ruby Tuesday" photo, and looks like you are making great progress in your studio! You'll have some great things for the Virtu show!

roxanestoner said...

Thank you Nancy. I have played a bit but I need to spend serious time in the studio.