Wednesday, February 3, 2010

An afternoon in the studio is a good afternoon

What to do when you are stranded again because of your meds and an heavy fog outside? You are heading for a warm studio. I have been working all afternoon and it is sooooo good. I have missed doing that last few months. The few times I have been working was upstairs on the dining room table.
Few projects have been waiting patiently and will have to be for a little while longer.
A nice clean space was there to inspire me to.... mess it all up again but I have been really good at throwing my paper cuts in the trash bin and limit the amount of fabric to audition and folding the fabric after going back upstairs for the night. So things are working out just fine.

Another African Mask was screaming to be done.

I might make two of those one in the Wood tones. One in the maroon/pinkish hues. Just for fun. For another mask I have directly printed on the transparency from my sketch book. It is jumping up a step and making the lines more accurate to the original design.
Listening to great music makes the world outside disappear, then listening to a book on tape later made the time wiz by so quickly.

3 comments:

Iliana said...

This sounds like the best kind of afternoon! Glad you were able to enjoy your studio and let the world whiz by!

Nancy said...

Glad you are back in your studio! Keep it up!

roxanestoner said...

It really was the best afternoon. Juices were flowing and things were done. Today it is snowing lightly and I think that I have another day of work waiting for me before going to First Friday downtown tonight. Thank you Iliana and Nancy.