Friday, December 18, 2009

I might not have a Christmas tree in the house but...

...it is definitely a Christmas Tree delight outside. The scenery couldn't reflect more the season. After a fog that capture the city of Anchorage for few days snow fell for three days and then the cold settled in (5 F) freezing everything and everyone. It is just spectacular! Makes me want to sing Carrols all day long, inside my cozy Topsyturvie (don't' remember the spelling) house. We have been really active those last two weeks and a lot has been accomplished. Many trips to the Salvation Army, a Big Brothers and Big Sisters pick up and a run to the dump. We are leaving with boxes coming out of storage. Only two wrapped presents for Christmas and they came through the mail... I am very late for the event and it might bypass me altogether. The spirit is with us though and the celebration will happen ready or not. I will be merry and jovial. I will be thankful and peaceful. I will drink my glass of champagne with gladness and it's glow will welcome the sunshine coming back for another circle of life. I will remember with tenderness all the celebrations that happened in this house and all the friends and all our family that are part of our lives. I love you all sincerely and deeply. Happy Solstice, Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah. It is the season of light.

4 comments:

April said...

Hi Roxane! Beautiful pictures! I wanted to check to see if you received your blogger exchange gift in the mail? It says it was delivered a few days ago, so I wanted to be sure. Thanks!

April
http://cafeofdreams.blogspot.com

Iliana said...

What a sweet post. Wishing you lots of joy this holiday season, Roxane! All the best in 2010!

roxanestoner said...

April, I have recieved and loved my surprises. Thank you so much. I have a sick computer and I have had health issues myself to deal with so please excuse my late thank you's. I might be able to do a full post on your wonderful gifts very soon. Santa is working on it.
Thanks again

roxanestoner said...

Same to you Iliana. Many joys in your new house for the new year. Feliz Navidad today for you.