Thursday, May 21, 2009

Chihuly by Day at the DBG in Phoenix, Arizona

After two weeks of exploring the "Far West" I have acquire many new images of unbelievable beauty. Not because of my quality as a photographer but because of the quality of the subject matters.

But....one place that doesn't hold much love from me is Phoenix. I find that city too flat, too hot, too big and to hard to get around. It is just a personal thing and to be fair I have never spent enough time to get to know it better, but this time I found a reason to go with anticipation.
That reason is the Chihuly Glass Installment at the Desert Botanical Garden. Now image a 105 degrees and a limited shade, beautiful desert plants mixed with Chihuly's visionary glass. So for a couple hours Emily and I toured the facility. It is quite enchanting. I felt like I had landed on a different planet with new beautiful plants with dream like colors and shapes. It was magical and so worth it. My only regret is not being able to see it at night. This arid garden must come alive with those lit up luscious glass sculptures. I am enjoying the exercise of imagining it for now. I do feel so privilege to have seen those first hand anyway. I hope you enjoyed the tour.

3 comments:

Beena said...

Wow! I would love to go there! Thanks for the amazing photos, and sharing your adventure!

Sarah Salway said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Salway said...

I loved the tour, Roxane. Thank you for sharing it - so inspirational.