Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting Day

So this is it! A turning point in the USA. No matter who is chosen, things are not going to stay the same. Worse or Better? We shall see later. I expect that people will show up in large numbers at the voting booths this time around.
The sunset at 9 AM was beautiful. It snowed all yesterday. I read between my chores "Nights in Rodanthe" by Nicholas Sparks. Well it is just a romantic chick lit. I wanted to see the movie last weekend but it is already out of the Theater so I got a used copy from The Book Shelf in Eagle River. Not much of a book. There is about two or three sentences that were a bit more original than the rest of the 220 pages. It was a quick read and I did tear up but not for the main reason. It was for the relationship of the woman with her dad. He would tell her all the time "I am proud of you". It doesn't take much I know to move me because I miss my Dad. He has been gone almost 4 years now. He was always my cheerleader. I was lucky to have such a great Dad . Going back to Nights in Rodanthe: I do hope that cinematography (Richard Gere and Diane Lane, oh yeah!)is going to help the predictable plot. It was a give away from the start. The writing was so generic it was almost painful. I have high hopes that the movie with well picked actors and surroundings are going to improve and make it a good chick flick. Maybe the Bear Tooth is going to show it before it is released on DVD. To be continued...

No comments: