Monday, June 9, 2008

Open Studios, Book Club, Reading, Movie Marathon and Friendship

It has been a busy weekend. 17 artists and architects (Michele Suchland, Kim Marcucci, Sheary Suiter, K N Goodrich, Sheila Wyne, Alexandra Sonneborn, Brenda Roper, Susan Condon, mayer sattler-smith, mmenseArchitects, Black+White Studio Architects, Karen Larsen of creativespace, Erin Pollock, Garry Kaulitz, Sonya Kelliher-Combs, and Linda Infante-Lyons) were opening their studios for a tour organized by the International Contemporary Art Galley on Saturday. Jennifer decided to be spontaneous and joined Nancy and I for the Tour. It was a great experience to learn about what is behind those pictures on the wall... The reasons for their creation. The day ended with a delicious diner at Jessica and Mark. Since 4 members of the book club were present we decided to "pick" the selection for the October meeting. Drum roll........ the winner is: Room with a View by E. M. Forster. A true classic. Now that I am older... I might get something different out of this Victorian Novel. I have also gone to Florence 4 years ago and that might be fun to "visit" it through this book once again. Like Jennifer put it "It was a good day".
Today was yoga in midday and playtime in the afternoon with Terry. She took me to lunch and the bead store (Alaska Beads Company) and Seams Like Home. In between all those activity I found some time to read two short stories from Huraki Murakami's book, three chapters of Michael Chabon's book and three chapters from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Tonight I went for a Movie Marathon with three movies. Pretty easy and careless movies: 27 Dresses, No Reservations and Martian Child. Pretty cute all around on the surface. I had seen the German movie "Mostly Martha" that was done before the American version "No Reservations. This one is simplified a lot. A real hollywood remake not much to think about.
Time to sleep... I am starting "The Medicine Woman" tomorrow, the title of my work. I got some really cute mini bottles for it today at the bead shop. Can't wait to get started.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

That was a fun day, Roxane! Thanks for driving to all the studios!

roxanestoner said...

my pleasure Nancy. Thanks for driving to Jessica and Mark's. ahahha.