Saturday, September 24, 2011

I'ts Fall, What a Folly!

Don't you just love play on words? I do. Fall is my favorite season. Those colors lift me up in the thin air few inches above the ground and they create sounds in my throat even exclamations of total bliss. Then you have the chill in the air, the cleansing rain, the quick step.  The smell of roasted chestnuts wrapped in newspaper... as good as the smell of new school supplies. So lots to look forward in the few months to come. Trying to get our house painted so late is a folly! but we are known for our risk taking actions. We do pay for those quite often. Before it was because of our young age, now it is because of the forgetfulness of the ripened middle age. A bit like the Fall season. Few leaves flying off your branches turning and turning,tumbling to the ground. Where was I???
Oh yeahhh! So I am looking forward to the stay at home and work the days of darkness. When the real colors show on paper or in fabric on the design board. Where things don't come that easy and you have to make them and dig in to find them. Add layers for warmth. When things are not taken for granted. Yep I will have to make gallons of hot tea again and Yoga will add more needed glow. Inspiration always is at it's best when there is discomfort and yearning. A bit like lost love. Maybe that is the reason why we remember who has died in the Fall:, maybe to do it in Winter would be way too sad.  Day of the Dead, All Souls Day, La Toussaint, Halloween. Ironically, Memorial Day is in May in the USA. I wonder why?

I also look forward to the food in the Fall: the delicious apples, all this abundance of squash in all shape and colors, the harvested bounty. The thick stews, the chillies, the heavy pasta dishes, the aroma of slow cooking in the house.
This year I am ready to be successful at knitting socks before Christmas. I want to be able to gift at least two pairs of those to some understanding souls. I am looking forward to catch up on the movies that I missed, the books that have piled up, the buttons that need to find their sewed places on shirts. It is time to slow down and take nature's advice": to go dormant inside the earth. My house is my earth where my roots are nurtured and safe awaiting to grow. Hum. It is comfy in here, please come and visit, the kettle is on!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I could come right now !
Avec "mon" mug pour le thé !
Triste de penser à tout ce temps perdu quand nous étions jeunes... Je dois vieillir car tu me manques de plus en plus (Lol ! pour masquer la larme qui pointe au coin de l'oeil). tes amies ont beaucoup de chance de t'avoir...
A très vite au téléphone. je t'aime